New Product Launch KVIS – 20
June 1, 2020
Recently we launched a Specialty Polymer from Polyisobutylene (PIB) Family, it’s a Viscoelastic Specialty Polymer, is exclusively developed for Plastic Compound manufacturers and PVC Pipe & Fitting Manufacturers. KVIS-20 completely Customized product developed by Kothari’s inhouse R&D and scientific team. Since it’s a customized product, which is a specially made as per customer requirement by our team to reduce inventory cost, KVIS-20 provides competitive operating cost, it provides superior consistency than other additives, one of the main advantage of KVIS-20 is process flexibility which provides more flexibility to all process. KVIS-20 provides excellent benefits in Filler / Masterbatch segment are as below.
- It Provides Tribological Advantages
- Acts as dispersant & wetting agent
- Works as Internal & External lubricant
- Increases flow rate
- Increases interfacial force – enhances adhesion between polymer-filler pigment
- Enhances elastomeric properties.
- Improves gloss and provides good finish.
- Dispersant: Keeping pigments homogenously dispersed.
- Wetting Agent: Helps the fillers for improved low energy dispersion due to good lubricant property.
- Adhesive: Increases Interfacial Force created by surface attachment. Enhances energy required to break the adhesive bonding created and hence in turn increases shear strength.
- Anti-moisturizing: Our Kvis20 is Hydrophobic.
- Lubricant: Minimizes frictional force between moving surfaces (both Internal & External)
- Internal: Polymer to Polymer and Polymer to Filler
- External: Polymer to metal parts and Filler to metal parts
- Being a long chain polymer, Kvis20 increases the elastomeric properties, exerts excellent elongation in finished products, due to the presence of longer chains. Improves finished product glossiness and provides a very good finish to the product.
- Increases the flow rates, as it lowers the viscosity.
- Very low acid value which is almost at BDL (Below Detectable Limit) – hence safer for the equipment’s.